Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sugar Cookies


This is another great cookie recipe that I've made several times before. I had never found a sugar cookie recipe before that tasted good to me. This recipe, from http://annies-eats.com/, a supremely awesome blog, even inspired me to try using royal icing for the first time!

Cookies from last year, decorated with royal icing

This year, I decided to make it a little easier for myself and decorated the cookies before baking with colored sugars, instead of using the royal icing. Also, I was making these cookies with my sisters and cousins, so it was easier to do it that way!

Annie has such a great way of explaining a recipe that I'll just direct you to her page for the recipe. I usually follow her recipe as it's written because it's so good. This time when I made the recipe, the only change I made was to leave out the almond extract and increase the vanilla to 2 teaspoons, but I think the next time I make these cookies I'll make them with the almond extract.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment