Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chocolate Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt


'Tis the holiday season and fudge is definitely a staple this time of year. I've made different fudge recipes in the past, but this is a new recipe for me. Fudge AND Nutella? I'm sold! I can't even describe how much I love Nutella. This fudge recipe was so easy to make- a one bowl recipe and it took about 10 minutes to come together. I made a half batch and I will probably eat it all up myself. I love the sea salt sprinkles on top!

The recipe:
(slightly adapted from Cookin' Canuck, which she adapted from a Giada DeLaurentiis recipe)

This is the recipe for a half-batch. The link above has the full recipe.

1/2 of a 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
Sea salt for sprinkling over the fudge

Line a loaf pan with foil or parchment paper. Heat a pot of water to simmering.

In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, chocolate chips, Nutella, and butter.

Make a double boiler by setting the bowl on the pot of simmering water. The water should not be touching the bottom of the bowl. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth, 5 to 7 minutes.

Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, spread the top smooth with a spatula, and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, until the fudge is firm.

Run a knife under hot water, dry it off, and run it around the edges of the pan to loosen the fudge. Lift the fudge out of the pan using the foil. Peel off the foil. Cut the fudge into 3/4-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil.

Enjoy! I can't wait to bake more holiday recipes, especially lots of different cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I'm so glad you enjoyed this fudge recipe. It became an instant hit in our house and will certainly be an annual tradition.

    ReplyDelete