Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homemade Twix Bars


I've seen these posted a few times on other blogs recently and I knew that I just had to try them because I love Twix! I made a half batch and I left out the rice flour because I don't have a spice grinder to make any. I also didn't make the caramel sauce recipe- I cheated a little and used Trader Joe's Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce instead. These tasted great!

Here is my adapted recipe:

(adapted from the blog Not Without Salt)

The Shortbread:

2 3/4 ounces unsalted butter (5 1/2 tablespoons) at room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons corn starch
dash of salt

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add the flour, cornstarch, and salt and allow the dough to come together. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the loaf pans. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the shortbread is a deep golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.



Top with 1/2 of a jar of Trader Joe's Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce. Let set.



Chocolate Glaze:

1/3 cup of milk chocolate
1 tablespoon unslated butter

Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, in 15 second intervals, stirring until melted. Pour over the caramel layer and smooth the chocolate in a nice even layer. Refrigerate until chilled then slice and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment