Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goat Cheese Pistachio Pizza


I made this pizza after eating the Goat Cheese Pistachio Pizza @ Mario Batali's restaurant Tarry Lodge in Portchester, NY. The menu description sounds disgusting- goat cheese, pistachios, truffle honey, but it is the most amazing pizza I've ever had. I immediately tried to recreate it and my friends have told me that this is a pretty close representation. I use a basic pizza dough and I got the white truffle honey from a kitchen specialty shop. It can also be found online. Before I found the white truffle honey, I used regular honey and white truffle oil.

Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe:
1lb. pizza dough
approx. 1 tablespoon white truffle honey
4 oz log of goat cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup of pistachios, crushed with rolling pin
1/4 cup sliced red onion

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F. Spread out the pizza dough and drizzle the white truffle honey over it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the dough. Spread the goat cheese over the pizza dough, leaving about a half inch around the edges for the crust. Next, spread the pistachios and the red onions over the top of the goat cheese. Put the pizza on your pizza wheel or cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pizza crust is browned and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment