Monday, June 6, 2011

BAKED Sunday Mornings: Orange Creamsicle Tart


Oops, I'm a day late posting this! I have a very good excuse though- I was super busy yesterday baking and cooking for and going to a family reunion at my mom's house. I was up really early and running around my apartment trying to get everything together. I made this tart as one of the desserts for the family reunion. It had a lot of steps but was really very easy to make! I made the tart dough and the orange creamsicle curd on Friday and refrigerated both for a few days. I baked the tart dough yesterday and whipped up the orange creamsicle curd as directed in the recipe. I also made the whipped cream (using a mixer, because I just didn't have time to do it by hand). I filled the tart with the orange creamsicle curd and then tried to leave to go to my mom's house. I put the tart in a box because I saw that it was pretty full. Well, luckily I had extra filling that I brought with me, because a lot of the filling spilled out of the tart on the ride to my mom's!


So, when I got to my mom's, I fixed the filling problem and covered it with the whipped cream topping. It refrigerated for another few hours until it was time for dessert. I'd say that this dessert was pretty well received. I loved it and so did my mom, who is a huge fan of orange creamsicles!

Speaking of orange creams, this is the soda I found to use for the tart:


I had some left over and tasted it- it was good, even though I'm not a soda drinker!

The only complaint about the tart was that the tart crust was very hard- difficult to cut! I think that was my fault for not rolling out the dough thin enough- this is not the first time I've had this problem!

For the recipe and to see how everyone else's recipes turned out, head over to Baked Sunday Mornings

1 comment:

  1. You were so smart to make this in steps on different days, Kristin. I wish I had done the same. I think this was a perfect dessert to take to a family reunion and am so glad everyone liked it!

    ReplyDelete